In the January Connectors Group we discussed how to prevent colds and flus and how to feel better quicker if you do get sick.
Winter is the season of stuffy noses, aching muscles, coughs and headaches. Common daily interactions, no matter how careful we are, lead to sharing viruses and bacteria. These invaders slow us down and can even wipe us out. After the Connectors Group, Natasha and I recorded a podcast on the same topic. The game changers for me when I am treating my own colds are hot baths and rest.
This accompanying free 4-page handout for you covers:
- 6 simple steps to feeling better quicker,
- 5 steps for prevention,
- A worksheet for a Plan to Get Better Faster, and
- Guidelines for when to see a Doctor and how to get the most out of that visit.
Remember to share it with the people in your life to help them feel better.
In the the podcast, I recommend some supplements (in addition to rest and hot baths) that help in preventing colds and flus:
- Carlson's 2000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily for adults and 400IU/day for children 6 years old or up to 140 pounds of weight. Vitamin D boosts the immune system and helps prevent autoimmune diseases
- Emergen-C is a great way to get 1000 mg of Vitamin C as a drink mix or chewables
- Airborne, or similar products, can also help boost the immune system and prevent a cold