The Connectors Group is open to individuals who what to be their best self and help others to be their best selves.
This Group is part of Dr. Allott's online education for individuals and teams to improve their mental and physical lives. Research shows that when we understand and honor that how we eat, sleep, and move our bodies, we have improved decision making, creative problem solving and health. For more information on the resources and tools provided by Dr. Allott, see Reboot the Brain: Online Learning for Food & Mood.
Who We Are:
This group consists of a wide range of individuals who are in positions to help other people navigate their lives better: mental health therapists, executive coaches, psychiatric nurse practitioners, supervisors and project managers, lawyers, teachers, and community organizers.
The next Connectors Group will meet on Friday, April 13th, 2018 from 7:30 - 8:30AM Pacific time
Invited speaker Dr. Kathyrn Cranford will talk about using herbs for anxiety. Dr. Cranford is a naturopathic physician and midwife. We started naturopathic school together, finding commonality in the healing power of food and compassion. As a naturopathic midwife for more than a decade, she has studied how to effectively sooth women’s anxiety without harming their unborn children. Dr. Cranford is a skilled herbalist and founder of the annual Bastyr Herb Fair. In the Connectors meeting, she will discuss 1-2 herbs that are effective for anxiety and that are safe with medications. More information about Dr. Cranford
Donations to support the development of future online trainings are greatly appreciated!
Past trainings included discussion about:
- Experiments in Self Care
- Sex over 60
- When and how to make referrals
- What influences anxiety?
- Snapshot of Anxiety Assessment
- Estrogen: changing the brain and body from menarche to menopause.
- Challenges in connecting with friends, family and colleagues
- How many of your buckets are full?
- What makes anxiety worse
- How to prevent colds and flus and how to feel better quicker if you do get sick
- Using the EcoCycle to Plan for the New Year
- How to interpret food labels - How do you know if something is healthy for you or not?
- How the Mind, Brain, Body and Relationship work together to support our lives as creative responsive individuals who live in a rapidly changing world.
- Why it is essential to support our power supply (our Body): how and what we need to eat to have a stable Brain, a clear Mind, and connected Relationships
- Open discussion about Mind, Brain, Body and Relationship connections, nutrition, questions, and cases